The Bhut Jolokia (a.k.a. Naga Jolokia or Ghost) was the first chilli to be measured at over 1 million Scoville units - the first of the 'super' chillies. At that heat rating, they are 4 times hotter than the average Habanero or Scotch Bonnet but with the same fruity flavour.
- The Chilli that started a revolution with being the first tested at over 1 m SHU
- Entered the Guinness Book of Records in 2007
- Infamous 10 minute burn - the chilli evolved in Nagaland India causing the chilli oil to change to make the burning sensation last longer
- Each dried pod weighs approx 1g - in 10g Packet you will get 7-10 pods as a guide
- Naga Bhut Jolokia is the Indian name translated into English this is Ghost Pepper
- Bhut Jolokia peppers from Assam, India. We have a large supply of "A" grade pods, and powder, and flakes "in-stock" and available for sale to you. We do not sell a "lesser" grade product as found elsewhere.