This oven roasted brussel sprouts recipe has lots of smoky Cedar flavour and makes a healthy snack, appetizer or side dish. When temperatures drop and snow covers the grill, only few are brave enough to storm the fall and winter weather to get that savoury, smoky flavour. But grilling planks make it easier than ever to get the smoke flavour you so crave from the comfort of your own kitchen. Oven planking is becoming more and more popular, giving home cooks, chefs and griller's the chance to keep summer going all year long.
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Grilling Cedar Plank
- 2 lbs. Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Soak the Cedar Plank in warm water for 20 minutes to 1 hour, making sure it is completely submerged.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash brussel sprouts and cut in half. Bring pot of water to a boil and add brussel sprouts. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place parboiled brussel sprouts to soaked plank.
- Drizzle with olive oil, top with minced garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Add plank to oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- When done, remove from oven and serve immediately.