Charcoal Comparison Tests
- Flame Boss200
- UDS Drum BBQ
- ProQ Chimney Starter
- ThermaQ Temperature Monitor
- One Full Chimney starter of charcoal
- Started with wood wool and left until fully lit
- Flame Boss set to 230F (a common temperature for low n'slow)
- Pour the lit charcoal into the basket
- Put basket into the UDS, and let the Flame Boss do its job.
- The ThermaQ is a calibrated thermometer was used to confirm the Temp.
For the purposes of comparisons I am grouping the charcoal into three groups.
Lumpwood, Briquettes, and composite (everything else)
Click on the name of the charcoal to see its results or click on one of the 3 group links to see the overall comparison.