Maple Smoked Himalayan Salt
Naturally Smoked for 72 hours over maple wood (No smoke flavourings)
Great Taste Gold Star Award
Smoked salts are a bold, flavourful way to add flame-grilled aroma and smoky complexity to just about any dish. Smoked salt is perfect for enhancing the salinity of a dish while imparting the smokiness inherent to burnt wood, and the flavour unique to different types of wood. It is perfect for anyone from meat-eaters who want to beef up a BBQ, to vegans and vegetarians looking to add flame-grilled flavour to a dish.
We use natural pink crystal salt from the Himalayan mountains of Pakistan, smoke from the finest Maple wood chips and a lot of experience - these are the ingredients for our Award-winning Himalayan Maple smoked salt. Our master smoker produces this salt in the heart of the High Peak National Park with a lot of heart and soul and passion in the cold smoking process. 72 hours the Himalayan pink salt is in the smoking chamber. During this time, the salt takes on a beautiful amber-brown colour and an intense, natural smoke aroma.
Only about 5% of all types of smoked salt are actually smoked. Most types of smoked salt are mixed with smoke flavours. Our smoked salt is made of Natural Sea salt and smoked using real wood chips for a more intense flavour.
*Please note, this is a moist sea salt with a light stickiness.
Because of its artisanal nature, batches will vary in moisture content, colour and texture.
Suggested Uses for Maple Smoked Himalayan Salt:
- Season steaks and chops after cooking.
- Great on fish, especially salmon.
- Season bean or lentil soup.
- Toss with steamed vegetables and unsalted butter.
- Use in creamed corn or corn chowder.
- Sprinkle on savory tarts and quiches.
- Season any of your favorite egg preparations.
- Sprinkle on baked or mashed potatoes.
- Use a few grains in a Bloody Mary for a smoky twist on this classic cocktail.
- Add a few grains to a bowl of ice cream with chocolate or caramel sauce.