Chicken Caesar Salad is a classic dish at most restaurants. It’s also a family-favourite in households across America. We decided to spice up this classic dish with a Cedar smoked chicken. The fragrant, spicy smoke from the Cedar wood adds a special touch to this dish and makes it an even better backyard BBQ summer salad.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 2 Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce, halved
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
- Red Onion
- Chilli Powder, Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Optional: Anchovies
- Soak Cedar Plank in water for 1 hour, keeping it immersed.
- Season chicken with chili powder, salt and black pepper.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place seasoned chicken on plank.
- Grill with the lid closed for about 20 to 30 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
- Brush halved romaine lettuce with olive oil and place directly on grill for 3 minutes per side.
- Have a spray bottle of water hand for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill, let stand for 5 minutes then thinly slice.
- Toss romaine lettuce with dressing; top with sliced chicken and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with lemon wedges, croutons and red onion and enjoy!